The Short Version
I’m a self-employed developer who builds custom web solutions using WordPress.
Ok, maybe too short.
The Longer Version
In the most simple of terms, I like the Internet, and spend a good deal of time on it. It’s more than just a tool for communication though. It is an idea, a concept, an environment; a new way of interacting with each other that breaks down traditional barriers and opens up our world to everyone.
I have a wide range of interests from photography, to writing, to design, and technology. When I was younger I was into creative arts such as illustration and design, and as I got older, that interest moved into technology and science. Web Development provides a means to combine these interests in a new digital medium.
First and foremost, I love to create. I love making “something” from “nothing”, and creating something that didn’t previously exist. Everything begins with an idea, and I am at my best when I can develop an idea—whether it be my own or a client’s—and turn it into something real and tangible. This development takes many forms.
- I got (back) into photography in late 2004 and haven’t been without my camera since. There is nothing quite like capturing the ability to revisit a moment like you can with a camera.
- Writing has been a passion of mine since I could hold a pencil. The majority of my professional writing has been technical; contracts, operating manuals, policy memos, etc., but it all began (and continues) with creative writing and a love for literature.
- I’m pretty handy with a hammer and have been known to knock a hole in a wall or two.
- I’m also not too shabby in the kitchen. I came this↔close to going to culinary school back in the day, but decided at the last minute to keep it a hobby. Today it’s my biggest hobby, though like photography, I’ve been paid a time or two.
- I also have a strong professional background in business development and have been fortunate to have made successes of various companies over the years. You can view my LinkedIn profile here.
The Internet allows a marriage between my professional background in business development with my personal interests of design and technology.
I now work as an independent WordPress developer that specializes in plugin and custom theme development.
Working with WordPress
I’ve been building solutions with WordPress since 2006. Applications, sites, themes, plugins; you name it, I’ve probably built it using WordPress.
I’ve been fortunate to work on some very cool projects over the years. From community sites with over 40,000 members to micro sites for one-time events, WordPress has time and time again proven itself as a robust framework to build on top of.
I’ve also been fortunate to work with great clients of all sizes. From corporate enterprises, to non-profits and small business owners, I’m grateful for the trust my clients have placed in me to develop their ideas into realities.
Getting In Touch
Looking for a developer/partner/collaborator? I’m always interested in learning about new projects! Feel free to contact me at any of the following: