The community sites developed for the Hilton® family of hotels encompassed extensive enterprise-level plugin development, scalable theme development, and extensive user-testing. The main focus of these sites was to allow staff and management to share their experiences within an internal social community. Users not only have the ability to create and share the various types of content–Posts, Galleries, and Videos–they also have the ability to subscribe to tags and discussions on content they find interesting. They can also bookmark content as a “favorite” and recommend content to their co-workers with the convenient “Recommend” button on each piece of content.
- Integration with third-party authentication services for user registration and site log in.
- The ability for users to create and manage Groups.
- Meta searching on all Archive pages and search result pages.
- A customized User Directory
- Integration with Amazon’s AWS for content storage.